During Winter (June- September) we are more than happy to accept long-term stays at a discounted rate. Dorset House is a great choice if you've just arrived into the country and are wanting to get yourself established- we are here to help.
No bond required
Free unlimited WiFi
Weekly linen change
Coffee, Tea, Sugar provided
Towels and soaps provided in Private rooms
|5 Bed Shared Room||$165.00 per week|
|Single||$195.00 per week|
|Small Double||$230.00 per week|
|Double/Twin||$250.00 per week|
The team at Dorset House are all locals so know the ins and outs of life in the Christchurch and New Zealand very well. We are always willing to go the extra mile to help you settle into Christchurch. Some services we can help you with are:
We are located within walking distance to a few of the main banks; ANZ, Westpac and Kiwibank. Just come see us at reception and we will happily offer our recommendations and point you in the direction of your nearest bank.
Proof of Address:
In order to open a bank account, the bank will require a letter stating where you are currently living. We can easily provide a proof of address letter - just ask :-)
If you're applying for a working-holiday visa you will need an IRD or tax number for when you begin work. You can do this online through MyIR, otherwise, we have copies of IRD application forms at reception which you are most welcome to grab from us.
We have FREE Vodafone and 2 Degrees Sim Cards at reception for you- they are both really good mobile providers.
If you're getting around by bus, a Metro Card is a great idea- you will save heaps on fares. To apply you just need to fill in the application form and drop it in to the helpful staff at the central Bus Interchange. To save time, we have the application forms available at reception.
Buying a Car:
Most Kiwis use Trademe which thousands of people sell their cars on every day. It is the best place to get a good deal on a car without the mark-up prices of a car dealer. We would always recommend you get a Vehicle Inspection done on a car before buying to make sure it is in good working order and no hidden issues. Mechanics and VTNZ offer this service at a good rate (under $50.00 usually). We are happy to help you research a mechanic to find the best deal.
Weekly Rates Terms and Conditions:
● Valid for direct bookings only (email or phone). Not applicable to any bookings made through third party websites.
● Discounted rate only applies for a full 7 night booking, no less.
● Maximum stay of four weeks
● Payment must be done weekly, in advance.
● If you cancel one or more weeks, the rate for the stayed number of weeks is applied. This may result in an extra charge on check-out, as the discount you would have received would not be correct.
● Room and linen will be cleaned once a week. Towels will be changed twice a week if included in room.
● Alcoholic drinks are not permitted in the rooms, but can be enjoyed till 10pm in the common areas such as the kitchen and lounge. Please make sure bottles and cans are exposed of in the bins and the noise level is kept down after 10pm.
● Personal hygiene and cleanliness in communal areas must be kept to a high standard at all times
● For the protection of all our guests, disorderly behaviour may result in cancellation of your stay without refund. This includes excessive drinking, illegal drug use, excessive noise or disturbing of other guests.
● Any other behavior that we deem disruptive or makes other guests feel uncomfortable will not be tolerated.
● For all of our terms and conditions please see http://www.dorset.co.nz/house/faq
We reserve the right to discontinue a booking or evict without refund if we feel that you haven’t adhered to our terms and conditions.
If you are interested in long-term accommodation with us, please feel free to contact us any time on 03 366 8368 between 9am-5pm to secure a booking. We are contactable via email also within these hours, we endeavor to answer all queries within 24 hours.
Otherwise, you can book instantly via our website and we can adjust your weekly rate upon check-in.
We look forward to having you stay! :-)
© Copyright Dorset House 2018